In this section of the documentation, you will find information regarding the Accommodation sub-menus of Hbook menu. For the plugin to work correctly you need to create at least 1 type of accommodation.
- Click Add New Accommodation
- Enter the Accommodation title and the Accommodation description (you can use shortcodes such as [hb_availability], [hb_rates]).
- Enter the Accommodation title: this is the name of the accommodation type as it will appear on front-end. You can create a different admin name (see below)
- You will see the accommodation id here: you might need it when using the shortcodes
- If you wish to use the default HBook accommodation post to display your accommodation page, please enter the content of the post here. You can add HBook shortcodes to add an availability calendar, a rate table or a search form. By default, if a shortcode is added within the accommodation post, it is applied for this accommodation type.
- Fill in the Accommodation settings.
Check some examples of occupancy settings here.
- Enter the normal occupancy (required): this is the number of people the accommodation rate (as set in HBook->Rates) is for.
- Enter the maximum occupancy (required): this is the maximum number of persons the accommodation can cater for.
- Enter the minimum occupancy (optional): if you wish to set a minimum number of person for the accommodation type, please enter it here.
- Enter the description displayed in searched results (optional): it will be shown in the result of a search when using [hb_accommodation_list].
- Enter the description displayed in Accommodation list (optional): it will be shown when using [hb_booking_form].
- Enter a starting price (optional): it will be shown in the list of accommodation when using [hb_accommodation_list].
- Indicate the number of accommodation of this type (required). Note that you will be able to edit the accommodtion numbering (see below).
- Indicate the linked accommodation: you will enter here the accommodation ids of the accommodation that need to be blocked automatically when the accommodation type you currently edit is booked. If you need to specify the number of accommodations that need to be blocked for each linked accommodation type, you can add that number in ().
Check some examples of linked accommodation settings
- You can give a accommodation short name to the accommodation to be used in the calendar of reservations in Reservations. This can be useful if you have long accommodation title to simplify the display in the calendar.
- If you have several accommodation for an accommodation, you might wish to give different names/numbers than the default numbering. If you click Edit accommodation numbering, you will be able to rename the accommodation for that Accommodation type.
- You can set your preferences regarding the Accommodation display in the section above the Featured image.
- Using HBook accommodation post
- You can choose to use the post to display your accommodation...
- ... and then you can select a template
- Using another post or page
- You can set that you wish to use another post or page to display the accommodation...
- ... and you will enter the id of the page or post to be used instead.
- If you wish, you can set a Featured image that will appear in the search results.
Don't forget to click Publish once you have filled in all the Accommodation details.
Examples of occupancy settings:
- Rate per accommodation independently of the number of guests. In this example, we have a Triple Room and the rate is $75 per room in Winter season and $95 per room in Summer season (be it for 1, 2 or 3 persons).
Normal occupancy and maximum occupancy are set to the maximum number of persons the accommodation type is for. No need for minimum occupancy.We use only the Accommodation rate as there is no need to define prices for people beyond normal occupancy since the price does not vary according to the number of guests.
- Base rate for the accommodation and rate for extra-persons. In this example, we have an apartment that is rent per week for maximum 4 persons ; price is the same for 1 or 2 persons but 3rd and 4th persons need to pay an extra fee.
Normal occupancy is set at 2 persons and maximum occupancy is set to 4 persons (this will allow us to define the price for 2 persons and for each additional guest.In HBook->Rates, you will set the "Accommodation" rate as being the rate for up to 2 persons and you will set the "Price per adult/children above normal occupancy" to set the price for the additional guests.
- Rate is per person, not per accommodation. In this example, we have a family apartment that can accommodate up to 5 persons. The price is per person: an adult will pay $50 per night and a child will be charged $30 per night.
Normal occupancy is set at 1 persons and maximum occupancy is set to 5 persons (this will allow us to define a price per person).In HBook->Rates, you will set the "Accommodation" rate as the rate for 1 adult. Then, you will set the "Price per adult above normal occupancy" at $50 (price per adult) and the "Price per children above normal occupancy" at $30 (price per child).
- Accommodation with a minimum occupancy. In this example, we have a holiday home that can be rented per room or entirely. We have created an accommodation type "Entire holiday home" but we don't want to offer it for less than 5 persons. Therefore, the accommodation type should not be shown in the results if the search is for less than 5 persons: minimum occupancy is set to 5.
Examples of linked accommodation settings:
- When there is a booking for this accommodation type, one accommodation of the accommodation type id 2 is blocked automatically for these dates.
- When there is a booking for this accommodation type, one accommodation of the accommodation type id 2, one accommodation of the accommodation type id 3 and one accommodation of the accommodation type id 4 are blocked automatically for these dates.
- When there is a booking for this accommodation type, three accommodations of the accommodation type id 2 and five accommodations of the accommodation type id 3 are blocked automatically for these dates.